Sunday, September 27, 2009

All looks good under the hood

I am finally getting around to filling in the gap from last week. My 6 week ultrasound went well. My husband and I were super anxious about the possibility of hearing a heartbeat. Instead were able to see one! One little lima bean flashed up on the screen and was pumping away, it was just unbelievable. My husband was holding my hand the entire time. We squeezed each other simutaneously and the tears just welled up.

Everything is measuring in as should be and I will return for my 8 week follow up in a week and a half. I then believe I graduate from the IVF group. It will be a bittersweet departing. I will be under the care of an MFM group and am delighted that I already have several appointments on the books. I personally know several of the docs in this perinatal group so I feel like I already have an advantage in building a relationshop.

I have to keep reminding myself that I have to take each day as it comes and it is still very early so anything can happen. Each morning I get up and check out my belly in the mirror, nothing new to report. I still look the same. However this morning as I did my routine and looked down at my non-existent belly I threw up on my feet. I guess the morning sickness may be setting in.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!! I'm thrilled for you! You give me so much hope! Thanks for updating your blog. I have been thinking about you for days. :)

    We had the transfer today. The nurse said our embryo was perfect and beautiful. So, my Monkey is back! :) We have our first preg test in one week.

    Cheers XOXO,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete